Skip to content

Chiropractic Care

Woman getting a chiropractic adjustment What comes to mind when you think about chiropractic care? Like most people, the first thing that occurs to you is probably back and neck pain. Chiropractic can, of course, get incredible results with such conditions. In reality, though, chiropractors like Dr. Reinhart are concerned with the health of your nerves and nervous system.

Your Intricate Spine and Nervous System

When your spine is out of position, it can stress the delicate nerves that are all around your spine. That stress causes pain, but that’s only a small part of the story.

Every nerve branch that emerges from the spine contains about 20,000 smaller nerves. Out of all those, you feel only about 10%. The other 90% of your nerves control function, like how your organs and muscles work. When this majority of nerves is affected by a misaligned part of the spine, you may feel pain, or you might feel fine, but the area the nerve goes to will lack optimal function.

Finding the Cause

When Dr. Reinhart performs his examination, he’ll ask questions to understand what’s brought you in and perform testing that gets to the root of your problem. You may even wonder why, for example, Dr. Reinhart is interested in your feet if your problem is in your low back. A pinched nerve, however, can affect different areas of your body, not just necessarily where you can feel it.

There are three phases of care at our office, and which you choose to participate in is completely up to you.

  • Relief care. We’ll see you more often at the start to stabilize problem areas and take pressure off your nerves, freeing you from pain. When you’re feeling better, we’ll re-evaluate you, and if you choose, you can stop care.
  • Corrective care. Your discomfort is alleviated, but you can take it further. We’ll correct the underlying cause of your problem.
  • Wellness/maintenance care. You’ve put in the work; now, maintain your better health with periodic checkups so that your problem doesn’t return.

Picking a Method That Suits You

Dr. Reinhart uses several different techniques, choosing them based upon what’s most appropriate for each practice member. His youngest practice member was his son, born five weeks premature, while the oldest is his grandmother, who’s in her late 90s. There isn’t a single method that suits everyone. Instead, we’ll consider your particular needs and your preferences.

Find out more about the benefits of chiropractic. Contact us today!
CONTACT US

divider

Chiropractic Care Westerville | (614) 337-8111